Chartered Building Surveyors, Chartered Building Engineers and Architectural Consultants

Insurance Valuations & Insurance Claims

A service tailored to your needs


When you come to insure your home or pay your share towards apartment block insurance your insurer will ask for a figure known as the Reinstatement Cost Assessment. This value is not the amount you might expect to receive if you sold your property but instead represents the maximum amount calculated to demolish the property and rebuild it again. (The difference is largely attributable to the fact that the former value includes an amount for the plot price which does not apply in the latter).

Our approach ...

At Building Consultancy Bureau we undertake a full measured survey to gain the most accurate and up-to-date information about the property to be valued. We then use data compiled by our governing body the RICS which is based upon cost rebuild information collected throughout the construction industry. The cost data models are index linked and this enables us to calculate a Reinstatement Cost Valuation which takes account of location factors and construction quality.

Call one of our BCB Chartered Building Surveyors on 01202 537000 or 02380 388 688 for more information and get a no-obligation fee quotation.


When you have a flood, fire or incur storm damage your insurer will ask you to give details of the property damage to support your claim. Too often the main aim of the insurance company and their appointed loss adjustor is to control the repair costs – but can focusing on costs really provide the correct remedy for the structural damage and problems that you have incurred?

Our approach ...

On so many occasions we have been called to investigate a claim which has been either rejected or the scope of works does not fully cover the extent of repair works necessary for an effective long term reinstatement of the damage.

At Building Consultancy Bureau we focus not solely upon the costs but, more importantly, we identify the full scope of the repairs that are necessary and ensure the works are undertaken by a competent builder using the correct techniques. How can you, as a lay-person, fully identify and understand what damage may have occurred to ensure you do not have problems in years to come?

A BCB Chartered Building Surveyor will visit your property and prepare a report which identifies and quantifies the damage, specifying the remedial works necessary to restore your property back to its former condition. Within the team we have a former Loss Adjustor with a wealth of experience in the insurance world who can act independently on your behalf to help you ensure your home is restored to its former glory. Normally our fees are reclaimable under the terms of your insurance.

Call one of our offices: Bournemouth (01202) 537000 or Southampton (02380) 388688 to discuss your requirements with one of our surveyors

Facebook Logo Twitter Logo Google+ Logo YouTube Logo

Bournemouth Office
Tel: 01202 537000

Chartered Building Surveyors, Building Engineers and Architectural Consultants

780 Wimborne Road

Southampton Office
Tel: 02380 388688

Chartered Building Surveyors, Building Engineers and Architectural Consultants

81 London Road
SO15 2AA